Reality Check Goals:
Photos by Emma B. Ulster County Reality Check and Emma S. Clinton COunty Reality Check
1. Build and maintain a diverse youth action infrastructure in New York.
2. Engage youth as leaders and activists in the movement against tobacco use and the tobacco industry.
3. Educate community members and leaders about the manipulative and deceptive marketing tactics of tobacco companies, and mobilize them to take action.
4. Engage community leaders and decision makers in support of community actions against tobacco and the tobacco industry.
5. Develop media relationships and work to garner earned media.
6. Utilize the youth voice to demand societal support to hold the tobacco industry accountable for its actions and to change the social norms that support those actions.
7. Contribute to the advancement and growth of a youth action movement against the tobacco industry locally, statewide, nationally and internationally.
Interested in learning about some of the creative ways Reality Check activists get their message out there?
Check out this awesome guide “Youth and Young Adult Activism: Advocacy on a Dime,” a resource developed by Program Coordinators from Tioga & Broome counties. This guide was presented at the 2012 National Conference on Tobacco Or Health in Kansas City, MO.