1. Engage youth as leaders and activists in the movement against tobacco use and the tobacco industry.
2. Educate community members and leaders about the manipulative and deceptive marketing tactics of tobacco companies, and mobilize them to take action.
3. Engage community leaders and decision makers in support of community actions against tobacco and the tobacco industry.
4. Develop media relationships and work to garner earned media.
5. Utilize the youth voice to demand societal support to hold the tobacco industry accountable for its actions and to change the social norms that support those actions.
6. Contribute to the advancement and growth of a youth action movement against the tobacco industry locally, statewide, nationally and internationally.
Interested in learning about some of the creative ways Reality Check activists get their message out there? Check out the Resources Page
TO EXPOSE THE MANIPULATIVE AND DECEPTIVE MARKETING TACTICS OF THE TOBACCO INDUSTRY
TO PRODUCE CHANGE IN OUR COMMUNITIES THROUGH GRASSROOTS MOBILIZATION AND EDUCATION
TO EMPOWER YOUTH TO SEE THEY ARE MORE THEN JUST REPLACEMENT SMOKERS FOR THE TOBACCO INDUSTRY
TO EMPOWER YOUTH ACROSS NEW YORK STATE TO BECOME LEADERS IN THEIR COMMUNITIES